To create a Data Source:
- Click Start, point to Control Panel, double-click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Data Sources (ODBC).
- Click the System DSN tab, and then click Add.
- Click on SQL Server and then click Finish.
- Type the data source name (e.g. MISYSSBM). Remember what you choose. You will need to use it in Crystal.
- Select the Server where MISys SBM is installed. If you are using the instance of SQL provided with MISys SBM, the you would be looking for
\MISYSSBMSE, and then click Next.
- Select With SQL Server Authentication for verifying Authenticity. Then use the User Name and Password of the SQL Server that will have access to the database. If you are using the instance of SQL provided with MISys SBM, contact technical support for this information.
- Click Next through the next windows and then click Finish.
Now you have a data source to use in Crystal Reports to access the MISys tables directly.
Visit MISys Manufacturing Support at www.misysinc.com/support.php