I purchased an iPad 3G 32GB back in May of 2010. I find myself using it more and more for business. I have purchased and tried various Apps and here are my favorites
- Dropbox - for cloud based file storage. Free for up to 2GB of storage and can be accessed from my iPad, PC and Mac as well as any web browser. Great way to make important documents available and editable from anywhere!
- TeamViewer - for remote access to my home PC and Mac when away from home. Free for non-commercial use. Works great on my iPad and there is a version that works on PCs and Macs as well. Allows me to view my home PC desktop screen and remotely control the mouse and keyboard. Very smooth even without fast internet connection.
- Office2 HD and QuickOffice - both of these Apps allow me to edit Microsoft Office documents (including Office 2007 and 2010 formats) stored in Dropbox on my iPad and save them back to dropbox. Allows viewing and basic edits (with some limitations) of Word, Excel and Powerpoint (QuickOffice only).
- NoteMaster - a bit more capable note taking App than the basic Notes App that comes with the iPad. Allows easily entering bullet lists, numbered lists, inserting pictures, and create section headlines. Only drawback, cannot open or save documents to dropbox yet but you can email them.
- GPS Drive HD - great GPS app! Includes option for text to speech. Works as well as the Magellen GPS units I used to use.
- Outliner for iPad - nice comprehensive App for creating outlines for more structured task lists or notes.
- Todo for iPad and TaskPro - both of these are nice Apps for todo lists and task lists.
- SpeedTest - an iPhone app that works on the iPad which maskes it easy to test the speed of your internet connection.
- TripIt, FlightTrack Pro, TripAdvisor, Travelocity, Expedia for travel reservations and info.